Saturday, December 08, 2007

December 8, 2007
Tony Blankley, on KCRW’s “Left Right and Center”, argues that it is a positive thing that the CIA destroyed evidence of terrorist interrogations, because the tapes will not be available to terrorists to propagandize against us.
Gee, Tony, wouldn’t it be better if we didn’t have things to be ashamed of in the first place?
There was a time, at one point, when people actually asked for things, instead of demanding them. I miss those days.
Mitt Romney got a lot of press about his recent speech on religion, with plenty of comparisons being made to John Kennedy’s 1960 address about his Catholicism. Key differences include Kennedy being 10 times the man Romney could ever be, and Kennedy clearly delineating the fact that religion is personal-between you and your church and the Lord. Romney not only didn’t say that, he started throwing around the “secularism” word that keeps evangelicals up at night. Once again, keeping religion out of public life doesn’t hurt ANYONE. As Jefferson put it, it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket whether my neighbor has one god or many, or even none.
I am looking forward to the holidays being over, if only because people will have to stop saying, “just in time for the holiday season”.
The “Studio 360” show can be really, really uneven-but these last two have been great. Interesting people, engaging stories. Things that make me wish I had meaning to my life.
So this is Christmas…and what have you done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.