Sunday, March 09, 2008

Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply

Power outage here, from about 7pm last night until a few minutes ago.

As usual, makes you think of how much you depend on little things. Got cold, and others got bored, but we all survived.

Listened to several excellent podcasts-Episode Two of the Biography Show, King Hammurabi of Babylon, and a panel discussion between two of my fave raves, Katha Pollitt and Anna Quindlen.

Katha said something, though, that would have made me jump right on here and start whining. She alluded to the fact that feminism "didn't affect men".

I don't agree with that. Everything affects men-the fact that unrealistic expectations placed on women make the love of my life crazy certainly affects me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.