Monday, March 03, 2008

What is old is new again

March 3, 2008

Tomorrow, March 4, is National Grammar Day. Huzzah.

Heartrending story on 60 minutes about R.A.M, an organization founded to airlift health care providers into third world countries. They covered a clinic, where the doctors and nurses worked all day and into the night, finally turning 400 sick people away at the end.
In Knoxville, Tennessee.
Knoxville Fucking Tennessee.
I hate this country.

It’s Alexander Graham Bell’s birthday.

Found a couple of great new podcasts when searching for an account of a Homebrew Computer Club podcast-Boring Beige Box and Retrobits. They’re a couple of years old, though-I’ll have to write the author and see what happened. I remember well the things the guy from Boring Beige Box is talking about-configuring DOS so that your game will run, that kind of thing. Running an old IBM PC off of diskettes-and before that, loading games off of CASSETTE TAPE into an APPLE II! Not a IIc or a IIe, a II.




Just watched the end of the Terminator season finale. I'll have to go back and watch the whole thing on Fox.com, but the end of it was spectacular, set to the tune of Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around". Maybe I'm just a simpleton, but I think it's excellent television.

Plus The Riches is coming back soon. That's good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.