Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sadistic Glee

April 27, 2008

Excellent interview and conversation with Rev. Jeremiah Wright on Bill Moyers’ Journal. I didn’t really have any problem with his comments before, but after listening to this, I definitely don’t. Other than the AIDS libel, I can’t disagree with what he said.

And do you really blame someone for believing that? For years, it sure seemed that way.

Anyhow…

Game Twenty Seven

No Ortiz again today. I hope that isn’t anything major.

Apparently, he wracked his knee sliding, which the Tampa announcers insist was a hot dog play. I guess. But Tampa should win something before they start whining about how other teams play the game.

Boston @ Tampa

Shields vs. Beckett

No Game Tomorrow, then Toronto at home. This is a good chance to get us a win, with Beckett on the bump. Hopefully, we wont waste another good performance.

Hopefully, we’ll get a good performance, that is, and not waste it.

A Stupid Unearned Run gives Tampa a 1-0 lead, then a homer by Evan (The Desperate Third Baseman) Longoria gives Tampa a 2-0 lead, while James (Deflector) Shields, who has apparently turned into Jim Bunning, tosses 7 innings of 2 hit baseball at us.

Tampa is pretty good, and Shields is a fine young pitcher, so there’s really nothing to be mad about. Maybe it’s just my current frame of mind, but this is a really frustrating series of games.

Stupid Unearned Runs are Stupid.

Then Metropolitan District Commission gives up an RBI hit to Carl Crawford, The Very Dangerous Man ™, for a 3-0 lead.

Heading to the ninth, with Shields still pitching, under 100 pitches, 8 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs.

And Shields jams it right down our throats, pitching a 1-2-3 ninth to finish the sweep.

Argh.

Maybe I’m being over sensitive, but it seems like visiting fans take a special sort of sadistic glee in celebrating wins over Boston teams. Maybe we deserve it-I don’t know. But it seems unusually cruel. I don’t think I do that to the fans of other teams.

Then again, I don’t really talk to anyone, ever, for any reason. So how would I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.