Sunday, June 15, 2008

"There is no charge for awesomeness"

My son and I saw Kung Fu Panda today. It was cute enough-pretty standard issue Star Wars-ish story. Graphics are spectacular, of course, and Jack Black's voice work is excellent. Not a work of genius like "The Incredibles", though. However fine a job Dreamworks does, they still aren't as special as Pixar's movies.

At the US Open, Tiger Woods drained a difficult birdie putt on 18 to force a playoff with Rocco Mediate, who was poised to become the oldest Open champion.

In Cincinnati, the Red Sox slugged four homers (Drew, Crisp, Pedroia, Ellsbury) while Josh Beckett pitched a shutout for a 9-0 win. Boston goes to Philadelphia, my current home turf, for 3 before returning home to face the roughed up Cardinals and strong Diamondbacks.

I am currently reading Vincent Bugliosi's "The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder". As the title implies, it is a laying out of the case for not only the impeachment, but instead the criminal trial of the President of the United States for murder after his term has concluded.

As his books always are, it is incredibly compelling reading. Obviously, I was in sympathy with this message, but even so, Bugliosi makes a case it is impossible to deny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.