Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTCQSk2l8bc

A letter that I just sent to my senators(my representative is retiring, thus his motivation to listen to me is nonexistent)

"I am extremely concerned about the nature of the bailout bill now being considered in Congress.

To spend one dollar of taxpayer money without oversight is wrong-to spend seven hundred million dollars without oversight is outright criminality.

I implore you to insist that any money given to bankers involve strict accountability and accountancy standards. It is simple common sense and fairness that a first grader will understand to state that, if you make a mess, you are responsible for cleaning it up.

Wall Street CEOs must be held accountable for the misconduct they have engaged in. Bonuses should be withheld and criminal investigations should be initiated.

Rest assured I will pay close attention to your actions on this matter, and I will remember what you did on Election Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.