Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Best of Fools

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_wMslbxwOA&feature=related

I woke up this morning thinking about Led Zeppelin's "Since I've Been Loving You".

Call them revisionist thieves if you want to-there isn't any question billions have been made on the backs of blues musicians who got paid paltry sums, if any at all, by white English boys like Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page.

But listen to the first few notes, before the drum starts, from this version, the made for TV "Unledded" performance by Page and Plant, or the studio version, or a cover-whatever. Every single time I hear it, which is probably running into the hundreds by now, those few notes, in that order, to me, is what a broken heart sounds like.

2 comments:

  1. great song...not sure I get the same thing from it, but it's awesome! Kinda sexy sad, you know?

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.