Saturday, January 31, 2009

Been a long time...

http://tinyurl.com/dm5wry

This happened near my nominal supervisor's house. It seems that this kind of thing-taking hostages, people just going stark raving bananas-is going to just get worse and worse until we come up with a world economic system that is, you know, systemic. And economic.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39951

I wish I had heard about this before Friday, so I could have watched. Any unreleased, non public Bill Hicks is worth watching.

http://tinyurl.com/cj4u7s

Just in case you had any doubt that you were being screwed, the IRS reports that the richest 400 Americans had their tax rates fall by one third and their average income double from 2000-2006.

www.dancarlin.com

I really can't say enough good things about Dan Carlin. Always insightful, well reasoned, though challenging to listen to. Dan always makes you think and often makes you rethink things you thought you had decided.



Oh, by the way-the Red Sox reached an agreement to bring back Jason Varitek for the 2009 season. Hopefully, the agreement included agreeing that Jason would no longer hit like Marc Sullivan.

2 comments:

  1. "the richest 400 Americans had their tax rates fall by one third"

    After this tax cut, aren't they still paying a lot more as a percentage than the group of lowest-income taxpayers?

    I don't see any connection between this an us being screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the point is that the 400 richest Americans are paying a lower percentage of their income in taxes and making more money.

    I certainly hope they are still paying a higher percentage than the lowest income taxpayers.

    Yes, this is class warfare. The upper class won.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.