Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Missed It By That Much

"I'm not the person I thought I was. And I don't know if I can live with that."

A secrettweet. (www.secrettweet.com) I don't know who sent it, but I know what they meant.

That documentary PBS is running about comedy had its second portion aired tonight. I forgot, so I missed the first hour. I think that's the reason why I don't watch many television programs-I'm just too dumb to remember when they are on.

I finished Peter Gammons' "Beyond The Sixth Game", a well written, though sad, story of the dissolution of the 1975 Red Sox. I am now starting "You Can't Steal First Base", written (well, written for) former Philadelphia Athletic Jimmie Dykes. It seems to be another one of those "these kids today can't play as good as we did in my day."

I got to see my cousin Simon today. He's almost two now, and I gleefully let him lead me around from room to room. He's babbling up a storm, but not too much that I can understand. He is full of joy, though, full of energy and love. His raw earnestness, his insistence that he have what he wants, now, is purely human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.