Sunday, August 16, 2009

Game 117: If the season ended today.....

....a lot of people would be real surprised, because it's only Game 117.

But if the season did end today, the Boston Red Sox would be headed home, taking out the golf clubs and getting reacquainted with the wife instead of heading into October.

In something that has become like a mantra for this team, Boston got an ok pitching performance, this time from Junichi Tazawa, and could not capitalize on it, losing 4-3 to Texas and, in the process, surrendering the wild card lead.

Can this team go deep into the postseason with three positions (RF, SS, DH) as offensive dead zones and a fourth (catcher or first baseman, whereever Victor Martinez is not) that is nearly so?

I submit that it cannot.

1 comment:

  1. I watched this one. Heavy sigh. There were a few times when I hoped.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.