Thursday, September 10, 2009

How Comcast got its groove back

Nobody loves big business, but I just have to share the following story. I arrived at my mother's house on Monday to hear about a problem she was having with Comcast. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that it was annoying, but not fatal. I remembered that Frank Eliason of Comcast is on Twitter, and have heard that he will intervene to solve customer issues.

So I sent him a Tweet, figuring that some time on Tuesday he would get back to me. Frank immediately got back to me, and gave me an email address to use. I used it to send my complaint in, and within 24 HOURS, on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND, Frank and Comcast had my mother's problem fixed.

Needless to say, my flabber was well and truly gasted. Huzzah to Comcast, and huzzah to Frank (@comcastcares) for representing his company so well. And if you're having an issue with Comcast, why don't you get on Twitter and get in touch with Frank? He certainly helped me.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this story! There are times... rare... when Big Biz does get it together. What I like most is that Frank is the human in his company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people I work with use Frank when they have a problem even though we get the special 'Stonecutters' treatment when calling customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH....Stonecutters! Is that the one with the special "311" phone number?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    Glad we were able to create such a good experience for you. I work for Frank. We're also here in the blogosphere. Please let us know whenever we can be of assistance. We're happy to help. :)

    Kind Regards,
    Melissa Mendoza
    Comcast Customer Connect
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com
    @ComastMelissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that, Melissa. We here in the blogosphere are more than willing to jump down your throat when things are not going our way-you deserve a pat on the back when you do things right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi !.
    You may , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

    I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
    I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ivizukano.builtfree.org/fehaqe.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.