Friday, January 01, 2010

2009 Can Suck It

Or, as the immortal Bono once put it, "Nothing changes...on New Year's Day..."

So, we can take 2009 and relegate it to the back of the shelf. It's over. "Put it on the board, yes", as Ken Harrelson says. I posted 5 fewer blog entries in 2009 than in 2008. If this trend continues, I will be posting 1 item per year by 2135 or so. So you have that to look forward to.

It's a semi-quasi fraud of a holiday. People don't go to work because, well, you have to throw out your old calendars, right? That must be the reason. My son actually stayed up to witness the new year for the first time, and now he realizes it is as much of a fraud as flossing your teeth.

Resolutions? Never make promises I can't keep.

Thirty years ago, I can't remember anything significant. Rumor has it it was 1980.

Twenty years ago, I was in college, and very deeply in love.

Ten years ago, I was married with a toddler.

So it goes.

Here's hoping that the nice, round, symmetricalness of the even number, 2010, is better than 2009.

"Things are Sh&^ty..but I'm pretty sure they can't get worse."

-Rent

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.