Saturday, February 06, 2010

Darkness Visible

Velvet's new 100 word challenge this week is "Darkness".





You can't see it, but it's there. It's doubt. Fear. Loneliness. Anger. It's cynicism. It's snark, and spite, and denial of the rationality of those who oppose you. It's rage, and violence, and destruction. It's separation from light, goodness, trust, hope. You can see it in the path you've chosen, and you can see it reflected in the embryonic psyche of your child. You never wanted them to find it, but they know it now, and they will learn the contours of the insides of the fog soon enough. It's there, and it's growing, and it pulls at your ankles.

5 comments:

  1. Oh! This is so brilliant!

    You terrified me with only 100 words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my ex-husband, in 100 words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was my pick of the week! :) Hop over to my blog to see why.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.