Sunday, March 21, 2010

Alex Chilton is dead



...and I don't feel so well, either.

I stopped writing haiku when I went through two awful days at work, and, as usual, when I stop doing something, it is much easier to keep not doing it than to try and get started doing it again.

I'm at a low point, here. I don't understand what it is I'm doing. The experts say you have to focus on something, and do it better than anyone else-but I am constantly losing my energy and focus. I'm surrounded by an open issue of the Atlantic, a book of Dan Jenkins essays, and Martin Gilbert's The First World War. And I kind of want to read all of them, and I kind of just want to get into bed and pull the covers over my head.

If this is goodbye, I'm honored that you have spent any time here at all.

If it isn't, I'll be back when I figure out a reason to be back.

Or possibly not.

Tomorrow Never Knows.


5 comments:

  1. The reason to come back is that you feel there is no reason to come back. There are people here that might help - there are people here that might care - but if not, at least here you can talk your way through stuff - even if it winds up that you're talking to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Alex Chilton of the Box Tops. I did not hear about it until now. I have been gone on vacation.

    Michael, I hope you come back. Who is going to tell me what is going on with the Red Sox? Yes, I know... get off my lazy ass and do it myself. But in all honesty, I will miss you if you go, but understand if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil Collins does a decent cover of this on his first solo album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks.

    I've just been having a crisis of confidence. I'm not sure what I intend to do from here.

    I appreciate your support, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.