Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Flash 55! "Potential Energy"

It's Friday (unless you're a time traveler), so Mr. Knowitall says I have to do a Friday Flash 55- a 55 word story. Since I'm an obedient chap, I acquiesced. If you want to play, everybody else is over here. The title is "Potential Energy"










I watched her from across the room, swaybacked and struggling with the weight of her belly. It was such an act of optimism to have a child. I admired her bravery silently, unsure how to express it, but feeling it all the same. To make that commitment, to believe in the future: it seems impossible.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Michael! I always wonder what men think of pregnancy. I am sure there are lots of varied opinions. Yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.