Thursday, November 04, 2010

One hopes Mr. Larson's estate got PAID



Macy's is now running a commercial featuring one of the songs from "Rent", a musical that I have a positively unhealthy fondness for. I am trying to remember James Hetfield's dictum that, if I'm going to accuse someone of selling out, I should at least have had an offer made for something of mine first. (Implying that it's a little easier to sell out if someone is willing to make you set for life-it would be hard to turn down that kind of money.) So I will leave it with the wish that Macy's took care of the composer's family. (Jonathan Larson, the composer, died before the show opened on Broadway.)

And if you haven't seen "Rent", by all means please do so. It's marvelous.

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE Rent in this house! Saw it several years ago. I just had the soundtrack playing a few weeks ago and realized that I can NOT hear this song without crying. It is so heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn Straight. This Musical is one of my personal faves, and Macy's can suck it for making it inconsequential. buggers.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.