Tuesday, August 30, 2011

100 Word Challenge: Fitting Room

Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge, like Elton John, is still standing. The word is "Depth" and my story is called "Fitting Room".









"You can't wear it because it sends the wrong message."

"What does that mean?," Delia asked me, hands on her tiny hips, eyes sparkling with anger.

"It means your clothes send messages about what kind of person you are. You don't want anyone to misunderstand you."

"I don't think these clothes send a message. Except 'pretty'." She smiled at her reflection.

I was out of my depth here. "It has to do with what other people think. Boys."

"I dont care what boys think," she said stridently. "Why can't I have it?"

"Because you can't."

2 comments:

  1. She must be shopping with Dad on this day..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Dads are particularly strict because they know their own minds. Ironic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.