Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Game Forty Two: Run Run Away

The Red Sox news gets worse and worse.

Clay the Wonder Horse has been placed on the DL with a fingernail issue, and, continuing the tradition of Red Sox rookies whose names sound like they should be US Presidents, outfielder Jonathan Van Avery was called up to replace him.

In the getaway day game, Jon Lester pitched five scoreless innings while Varitek, Lowell, and Pedroia knocked in runs for a 3-0 lead. Nick Markakis, who was a fantasy hero for me last season, and former Sox Jay Payton knocked in runs to trim the lead to 3-2.

However, Baltimore rallies against Javy (Not That One) Lopez and Craig (Sleepyhead) Hansen, loading the bases with two out. None other than Jay Payton hits a grand slan off of the Okey Doke to send Boston to another defeat, 6-3.

As the great Bill Parcells used to say, it makes you want to throw up in your mouth.

In other news, I cancelled my presentation I have been planning and researching all month, feigning illness. It was just going to be too expensive to travel to the ballpark and spend the whole evening there. Plus I just don't like doing it, and in the interim, I may get to see Simon. So it's win-win. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.