Sunday, May 18, 2008

Go Speed Racer Go

Just saw Speed Racer, which was not as bad as everyone says. I mean, it was formulaic and obvious-the reviewer who referred to it as "visual cotton candy" had it right-but it was fun. And I'll take Christina Ricci in a nightshirt any 'ol time. Plus I'll pay $7 to watch Susan Sarandon read from the phone book.

In Boston, Milwaukee is taking a beating from the Red Sox, 11-6 in the bottom of the seventh, which should be pretty safe, while a few stops down the Green Line, the Celtics are leading the Cavaliers in deciding game seven at the New Garden. (It's maybe a 15 minute subway ride between the two buildings.)

Josh Beckett is looking pretty taterrific, which is not like him-at least, not like the 2007 Beckett. It is very much like the 2006 Beckett. I mean, it's nothing to be ashamed of, I suppose-Milwaukee can flat out hit. But Becks has got to turn back into the miserly righty he was last year. On the plus side, Ortiz is hitting a ton, so maybe he's finally found his stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.