Monday, June 23, 2008

DeFanged (Game 79)

Very interesting interview with Lawrence Lessig on this week’s “Sound Opinions”, talking about copyright as it relates to music. Some artists and labels get it-Metallica got me to preorder their album by giving me access to archived performances that were only gathering dust anyway. The others? Well, the term “creative destruction” comes to mind.

My wife is pretty damn funny. I was concentrating at work , and didn’t see her walk up to me. She threw a package of prophylactics in front of me, and in a high, cartoonish voice, asked, “Excuse me, sir, can you tell me if these are any good?” I turned to answer, only to see it was her, and busted a gut laughing about it.

The Red Sox are on TV, today and Wednesday, against the NL West leading, reeling Arizona Fang Boys. I, of course, will miss most of both games. I suck.

I got home in time to see Boston load the bases in the 8th, trailing 2-0. We got one run home on a Drew sacrifice, and a Manny rocket with two out and two on that Fang Boy third baseman Mark Reynolds gloved. Oh, grumble grumble grumble. 3 up three down in the 9th, and its over-so game 79 is an L.

Apparently the Democrats rolled over on telecom immunity. That's sad, but not atypical.

The one thing I've never seen about that is why this is necessary. Defenders always say, "Well, the government needs to wiretap in order to prevent terrorism."

No one ever advocates the government not wiretapping. All we ask is that you go to a judge and follow the law. Why is that so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.