Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cowboy Clay, Hit The Trail

Handed a 4-0 lead, Cowboy Clay gets beaten senseless in an 11-6 thrashing by the Orioles tonight.

What's worse, Minnesota wins, Chicago wins, and New York wins, although Tampa loses.

Therefore,
Boston finishes the night 4 1/2 behind Tampa, 5 1/2 in front of New York and a lousy half game in front of the Twins for the Wild Card.

Grumble.

I could get mad about something else, but I just don't have the energy. I've started rereading Nick Hornby's High Fidelity, coming off of relistening to the audiobook of "The Last Lecture". Secure in the knowledge that my childhood dreams are safely out of reach, I am going to bed. With any luck, I won't wake up.

2 comments:

  1. new dreams can dreamed and new days offer that chance....

    hey at least your team is not in a series in which they are trying to put space between them and last place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, true. And I was really, just being melodramatic.

    I can't kill myself, I have too many books left.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.