Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Liveblogging: Hard Knocks 2008

This year it's the Cowboys-no surprise there. There is nothing the Cowboys like more than talking about the Cowboys.

(In Kansas City, Boston leads the Royals 5-2 in the seventh. Timmeh has gone six strong, and Jason Newkid is 2 for 4, with one run scored. While I was typing that, Jacoby Ellsbury blasted a three run homer to push the lead to 8-2. New York, who just learned that Joba is headed to the DL, is leading, and Tampa has won, so assuming the status remains quo, things will remain as they are. I guess that's redundant. But as I said, we're running out of time. We need Tampa to lose some ground.)

Jason Witten's kids are cute.

Of course, Pacman Jones and Terrell Owens are the stars of the show. As reprehensible as they may or may not be, they are magnetic personalities.

The insider stuff about trying to sign rookie Felix Jones is interesting. As much as the NFL is a game, and a huge business, the little things that this series really shows you what an unrelenting, demanding line of work it is.

(Youkilis left tonight's game with a bruised hand after being hit by a pitch. He is day to day. Then again, aren't we all? If he is lost for any length of time, we are in for a world of hurt.)

They're dealing frankly with struggling players like Martellus Bennett and Roy Williams-it's surprising how honest they are. The fringe players like Todd Lowber and Bennett make the most interesting stories.

Although this year, I think Green Bay DB Atari Bigby is going to be my blog obsession. I mean, his name's Atari.

(The Boston game is headed into the ninth, with Pap on to protect an 8-2 lead. I guess he needs the work, because the last few games haven't been close. I've got to turn in, so I'll see y'all in about 24 hours.)

3 comments:

  1. The Cowboys are my second most hated team after the Browns. I get so sick of hearing about them and cannot wait for Tony Romo to collapse in the playoffs again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look dangerous again, though. It's hard to argue with them as the division favorite.

    According to Fantasy Focus, Donovan McNabb said that the Eagles are the "obvious" choice to win the NFC East, which is possibly the most insane sports comment of the year.

    I would love nothing more than a good Eagles team, if only because it will make people around here a little less crabby.

    But better than the defending champs, the Cowboys, and an improved team in Washington? Come on. I will give you Washington, maybe, but I don't see how you can argue they are better than the other two.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.