Monday, July 20, 2009

The Ketchup Post: Games 89,90,91, and 92

Back on Friday, the Red Sox won 4-1 over the Blue Jays in Toronto, Cowboy Clay Buchholz making his 2009 debut, and unlike 2008, not sucking.

Saturday gave us a 6-2 loss, with Marc Rzepczynski, whose family was obviously a victim of the Great Vowel Shortage of 1987, beating good 'ol Brad Penny.

Sunday, the Red Sox got Roy Halladayed, as the Toronto righty rode them hard and put them away wet for a 3-1 triumph.

And tonight saw the Red Sox in Texas where the Rangers tapdanced all over John Smoltz' head, knocking three balls out of the park in the sixth inning on the way to a 6-3 loss. Boston has now fallen into a flat footed tie for first place in the AL East.

2 comments:

  1. Yep... you're still one of the funniest guys I read. Glad to have you back. (But I think I'll keep you in my prayers a while anyway.)

    Not sucking is important in baseball.

    Can't the Rzepcznskis buy a vowel?

    Better flat-footed first than second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back in the game. :D

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.