Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Game Fourteen: Thievery is Afoot!

In Game 14, the Texas Rangers, a group usually best known for preventing thievery than for causing it, stole 9 bases (NINE), the most Boston has surrendered in a game since 1913 (NINETEEN THIRTEEN), and still lost, 7-6.

Spare part outfielder Darnell McDonald, who was called up when 2/3 of Boston's starting outfield went on the disabled list today, came through in fine fettle with a game tying home run and a game winning Wall single in the bottom of the ninth off of Frank "I Coulda Been A Closer" Francisco.

3 comments:

  1. I liked reading your blog and would like to offer you a MLB Fathead wall pin up in exchange for a blog post. Email me back if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John, but no thanks. I prefer to keep things non commercial around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading your blog too.

    But CRAP! Nine? Really? Ugh.

    No matter, my stubborn heart still believes.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.