Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Rock And Roll Band, Everybody's Waiting..."

Janera's doing her Rock and Roll Fridays thang again. I know it's Thursday and stuff, but I think Janera lives on the Moon. Or something. The questions are based on song lyrics from Green Day.




1. 21 GUNS:
“Do you know what’s worth fighting for?
When it’s not worth dying for?
Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating?”
What was the last cause/reason that you signed a petition or joined in a protest?



Online? I can't remember the last online petition I signed. Probably one to give Jimmy Pardo the job hosting the new Match Game, maybe. I don't usually protest things in public-I have to go to work.



2. AMERICAN IDIOT:
“Don’t want to be an American idiot
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria
It’s going out to idiot America”
Where is the best place for trusted information about world events?



World events? The Economist. Timesonline.co.uk is good, too.



3. GOOD RIDDANCE:
“Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don’t ask why.
It’s not a question but a lesson learned in time”…
What was the last lesson or message about life you learned?




You Can't Go Home Again. Haven't exactly LEARNED it yet. But that's the last one I was exposed to.





4. WELCOME TO PARADISE:
“Dear Mother Can you hear me whining?
It’s been 3 weeks since that I left your home.
This sudden fear has left me trembling
Cause now it seems that I am out here on my own
And I’m feeling so alone”…
Where was the place you went to live when you first moved out of your parents/guardians home?




I moved into an apartment with my wife.


5. MINORITY:
“I want to be the minority
I don’t need your authority
Down with the moral majority
Cause I want to be the minority”…
When have you ever felt like an outsider?




Everytime I'm anywhere but at home.




6. WHEN I COME AROUND:
“Oh I heard it all before
So don’t knock down my door
I’m a loser the user
So I don’t need no accuser
To try and slag me down because I know you’re right”…
What was the last bad thing you discovered about yourself?




I'm not 6 feet tall? I don't know. I'm not exactly at the point in my life where I'm learning a lot of new things about me. More like I'm discovering the old things again.




7. MISERY:
“Mr. Whirly had a catastrophic incident
He fell into the city by the bay
He liquidated his estate
Now he sleeps upon the Haight
Panhandling misery”…
If you have ever been poor, what lesson, skill-set or experience came from it?



Have been?
I've learned that it sucks. Does that count?




8. 80:
“Sometimes I wonder if I should be left alone
And lock myself up in a padded room
I’d sit and spew my guts out in the open air
Cuz no one wants to hear a drunken fool”…
How do you relax after a stressful day?




Doing this is usually the closest I can come.




9. REDUNDANT:
“We’re livin in a repetition
Content in the same old stick again
Now the routine’s turnin to a contention
Like a production line goin over and over and over roller coaster”…
Do you do something over and over the same way, even though you know there is a better/simpler way to do it?





Yes. My wife tells me I pull out of our driveway wrong. I insist that the angle is less acute when I do it my way. She is right in that the trip is shorter when you do it her way.



10. ANDROID:
“It makes me wonder when I grow to be that age
Will I be walking down the street begging for your spare change
Or will I grow that old? Will I still be around?
The way I carry on, I’ll end up 6 feet underground and waste away”…
What age do you believe is OLD and why?



Whatever age I was last year. I feel old.





11. WAITING:
“I’ve been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come
I’m destined for anything at all”…
What is your biggest dream in life (so far)?




The biggest dream I have so far that is within the realm of possibility is to be a published author.





12. POPROCKS AND COKE:
“I don’t care is you don’t mind
I’ll be there, not far behind
I will dare, keep in mind, I’ll be there for you”…
What is the biggest favor you ever did for family or for a friend?




I have to go back to the emergency babysitting my wife and I did. We'd do it again in a heartbeat, of course-and God willing we'll never have to-but that's the best example I can think of.




13. BASKET CASE:
“Yea, I went to a shrink to analyze my dreams,
She says it’s lack of sex that’s bringin’ me down…”
What would you like more of in your life?



Besides money? Contentment.

5 comments:

  1. So.... I honestly have a lot of catching up to do with your blog! I haven't had much time or energy lately to read other blogs, but I will definitely catch up on it! I hope you are well, and thank you for the comments. They really help =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite welcome. I'm glad it helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't matter how tall you are when you're lying down, Babe. Hey, how ya doin? Comedy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #13....totally with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your Spongebob quote... he's an underappreciated philosopher.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.