Sunday, November 07, 2004

I heard on the radio the Guardian newspaper ran a page consisting of two words, "Oh, God."

http://slate.msn.com/id/2109242/

Well said.

I just wish Europeans (and everyone) could understand that they (the red staters) don't represent all of us. The fundamental difference that I see is that they (the red staters) have trainloads of values-values, values, values-that they need to IMPOSE on the rest of us. They can't live with the fact that people have other values. Blue staters, on the other hand, don't mind the fact that you have other values. The fact that Hollywood and mass media don't reflect your values doesn't mean you get to change Hollywood. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I don't like the Left Behind series-I don't read it.

And gay marriage-if I hear one more ignoramus complaining about how they need to protect marriage, I'm going to dash my brains out on the rocks. If you don't like gay marriage, don't marry a gay person.

And the slippery slope argument makes me sick. "What about if a person wants to marry a cat? Or a chair?"

Very simple.

Marriage should be a legal union between two people who are
a) at least 18 years old (or 16, or whatever.)
b)unrelated
c)able to consent.

That's it. That covers everyone. The state has legitimate reasons to ban marriage between people who are related and those who are unable to meaningfully consent. Other than that, I openly defy anyone to show how the state has any legal justification to ban any marriage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.