Thursday, August 31, 2006

Awful, awful, awful news. Pena, Ramirez hurt, and Ortiz and Lester hospitalized with potentially fatal illnesses. We can’t even rent a break now.

Ortiz and Lester, but especially Ortiz, have given me more joy than I can possibly express. The fact that their very lives could be threatened brings me up short. I hope fervently that both men make full recoveries, and, secondarily, return to the field.

Schilling got 3000 K, too-I had no idea he was at all close to that. His Hall candidacy may be less questionable than I thought.

I can’t believe I was able to snag Delmon Young for my fantasy team-I was sure he wouldn’t be available. I may go fishing for Scott Baker, too, since Brad Radke just went down too. Now Thome is hurt again, so I have to deal with that, too. I probably won’t win, but maybe I can cause some headaches for the leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.