Tuesday, October 10, 2006

from-http://americablog.blogspot.com/

"REPORTER: How satisfied are you as to how your staff has handled this scandal so far and whether anyone should resign in your office.

HASTERT: Well I, uh, you know, look, this, I understand my, I have, understood what my staff told me, uh and uh I think from that response they've handled it as well as uh they should. However, in 20/20 hindsight probably you can do everything a little bit better....

I didn't think anybody at any time in my office did anything wrong. I found out about these revelations last Friday, that is the first information I had about it."

Uh, no.

"House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert's chief of staff confronted then-Rep. Mark Foley about his inappropriate social contact with male pages well before the speaker said aides in his office took any action, a current congressional staff member with personal knowledge of Foley and his behavior with pages said yesterday."

( http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/06/AR2006100601888.html )

"Various accounts agree that only two people -- Rep. John M. Shimkus (R-Ill.), chairman of the Page Board, and then-House Clerk Jeff Trandahl, also a board member -- confronted Foley in November 2005 about the messages. But none has definitively said who decided that only those two should handle the task.

A Sept. 30 "internal review" released by Hastert's office says that aides to Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-La.) alerted Hastert's aides to the e-mails. Among those dealing with the matter were Hastert's deputy chief of staff, Mike Stokke, and his in-house counsel, Ted Van Der Meid."

( http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/07/AR2006100701004.html )

Liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.