Saturday, April 28, 2007

Yankees 3, Red Sox 1

1) It could easily have been 7-1.
2) They now have a decent chance to take the series, with Wang facing Orange Julius tomorrow.

3) Are they seriously thinking about canning Torre? Seriously? I mean, feel free, George, if that's what you want to do, but if you do, you're out of your damn fool head.

A perfect example of a thought process that drives me batty. "We have to do SOMETHING." Well, how about we try something that will work instead? Casey Stengel or Joe McCarthy couldn't manage this team to a win in the condition that its in right now. I am so damn tired of doing things because we'll feel better or because it will raise morale or because of some other damn fool reason-do something because it will work, because it will produce results that you want or need.

4) Rivera looks terrible. I don't remember him being this hittable before-not that he never gave up hits before, but more that he used to make hitters look overmatched, with only weak fouls and skittering grounders to go with hideous, late, swinging strikes.

5) How much longer before ARod becomes a bum again?


We'll see if we can pull out a series win tomorrow with Tavarez, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.