Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 25, 2007
I resubscribed to TWIT again (This Week In Tech), and I have fallen back in love with it again. I don’t know a lot about what they’re talking about, but I can follow it well enough.
They’re talking about monopolies, like Apple/ITunes/IPod/IPhone and about how once one gets ahold of you, the price gets jacked way up. The same thing seems to be happening in retail-big chains swallow up the little guys, then all of a sudden you can’t get anyone to help you and everything is too damn expensive.
I think I missed “International Talk Like A Pirate” Day.
Argh.
The Phillies are now tied for the wild card lead, which is quite a feat, given their horrific injury history this season. There’s a welcome purity to their situation-6 games left, win or go home. They do have to beat the Braves, though.
TWIT is talking about the Forbes list, which continues to be led by Mr. Gates, of course. Gates’ wealth has gone down significantly since he started giving away serious amounts of money. Say what you will about Microsoft, Bill Gates may be responsible for saving more lives than nearly anyone else on Earth. Pretty good for a college dropout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.