Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy...yeah, what that guy said

December 28, 2007

Listening: Eagles Live, “Hotel California”

Would be a neat song for Guitar Hero.

This group always makes me think of Nicole, who I lusted after briefly in high school. She was a huge Eagles fan. Never got anywhere with her, though-she was one of those people who just seem disinterested in human interaction.

Nicole Fredette, where are you now?

Simon is ill. I know he’ll recover, of course, but I can’t help feeling a little bit of the gnawing fear that accompanies any illness in a child. When my own was that age, the slightest symptom would send me into circles of paranoia. I hope Simon’s parents aren’t going through that, although I know, secretly, to some degree, they probably are.

Or maybe everyone in the world is not exactly like me? That’s another theory.

I guess the Eagles settled whatever issues they had with ITunes, because when I was adding “Long Time In Eden” (verdict so far: blah) to my ITunes, the Eagles’ back catalog popped up, which it never had before. So I bought Eagles:Live, which we used to listen to hour upon hour back in the Apothecary days, my first real job. Sold Kevin McHale a newspaper on my birthday, 1987, and it was straight downhill after that.

Interesting thing, though: ITunes treats the downloaded Eagles: Live as a single 15 song unit-not Disc 1 and Disc 2, as I assume it would be if you bought it in a store and ripped it. I went to change it to the second disc, when I realized there was no second entry.

December 30,2007


Got a reply to a post, but it was only a spammer. I thought the whole sign in business was supposed to discourage that. Ah well. Crappy New Year, everybody.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.