Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Clueless

Great TWIT this week (http://twit.tv/twit) with singer Jonathan Coulton, talking about the new media and marketing to niches.

Made me think about the media and media figures that I adore-Kevin Smith, Dan Carlin, Baseball Prospectus, TPN's Napoleon 101-and how the one thing that knits them together is their respect for me AS A CUSTOMER. They don't treat me like a commodity, and they don't demand my money at every turn, and when I email them or contact them, they actually get back to me.

This is the wave of the future, and if I had more energy, I would talk about it at length.

But that's the gist of it. Win customers by treating them like friends. Is that so freakin' hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.