Monday, March 10, 2008

Not in the mood

Just finished Tom Adelman's "Black and Blue", an account of the Orioles' 1966 World Series win. I tried to read Adelman's "The Long Ball" once, but I never cared for it. But "Black and Blue" was excellent, so I should give "Long Ball" another shot, I think.

Also just reread "Rob Neyer's Baseball Blunders" book, and loved it, of course. Rob has a new book coming soon, I believe.

"Bill James Gold Mine" just arrived, and I am poring through it. Also just got "Facing Clemens", which is brand new.

I'm not sure when this baseball fever is going to wear off-usually I go through a phase of obsession with a subject, before moving on to another. I have a couple of excellent fiction books to work on, plus a couple of Revolutionary War ones to get to as well. I just wish I didnt have to work so damn much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.