Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Game 81: Knuckled

As of tonight, the Boston Red Sox have reached the halfway point of the regular season. After today, there are fewer games to play than have been played. Boston stands at 49-32 after shutting out Arizona in the series finale. Tim Wakefield threw 7 innings of 2 hit baseball, and Boston managed two runs off of Randy Johnson. The pitchers' combined age was the largest combined age of two starting pitchers since Satchel Paige faced Bill Monbouquette in 1965.

Always cool to have a Satchel Paige reference.

My brother is in deep trouble. Serious, real, big time, going to go away trouble. This has my family distraught, obviously. I know, intellectually, he's sick. But that doesn't make it any easier to take.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.