Thursday, July 24, 2008

This is disgusting

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/sen_john_edwards_caught_with_mistress_and_love_child_in_la_hotel/celebrity/65193


I really hope this is not true. It's a perfect National Enquirer story-no corroboration from anyone other than Enquirer "staff". I doubt it's true. I think Edwards is smarter than this, and I think he is more decent than this. I lean back on Ben Franklin-three can keep a secret, if two are dead. John Edwards is LOADED. If he were really the baby's father, she would demand a paternity test. Is it possible she just takes money under the table? Sure. Is it likely? I doubt it. In the world of the Drudge Report, I don't think there is any way this story would die if there were any truth to it.

I hope there isn't, because I really admire John Edwards.

3 comments:

  1. I've not admired him much at all, since he has gotten rich from frivolous lawsuits and lying in the courtroom. This includes raking in millions from winning frivolous lawsuits where he got obestricians to pay for babies who were brain damaged due to genetic reasons and not due to birth problems.

    I think Kerry was much better: at least he married into wealth. Edwards lied, cheated, and abused the court system in order to get rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree.

    I don't think defending children who are disemboweled by defective products is frivolous.

    Is the medical malpractice system broken? Sure. Do I blame John Edwards for that? No.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was referring specifically to instances where Edwards successfully sued obstetricians for birth defects that were genetic in cause. If he had any decency he would not have done this and laughed all the way to the bank with the millions from it.

    Is the medical malpractice system broken? Sure. Is Edwards part of the problem, and as a President, would he have made it worse? Sure.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.