Tuesday, August 05, 2008

No rat bastard he (I TOLD you he was awesome!)

Jason Bay, a former rat bastard canary Canadian, who is next going for both the Nobel and Booker Prizes, stroked 2 RBI doubles and scored two runs, pacing the Red Sox to an impending 8-2 whitewashing of the Kansas City Royals tonight, as they play the ninth inning. The game got so far out of hand they let Mike Timlin pitch.

In other news, I had to go buy another monitor cord, which seems to be working fine, and my router is back up and running again. For now.

Tampa won, and the Yankees are losing, so barring any last second changes, we should end the day 3 back of Tampa and 3 1/2 up on the Yanks.

In other other news, I am ending the first of two straight off days. I am planning to make a trip to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash tomorrow, assuming....well, let's just say assuming I feel like it.

I just finished "The Greatest Story Ever Sold" and "State of Denial", so the news from Ron Susskind that the Bush Administration allegedly engaged in outright forgery in the run up to war hardly surprises me at this point.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12308.html

Can he prove it? I don't know. Probably not. But based on what I know, to disbelieve him, I have to take the word of people who I know for a fact have lied, versus a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist. Hmmm.

Jane Meyer's "The Dark Side" is next. Should keep me in this cheerful mood I'm in.

I'll just use my father's old Nixon test. He used to tell me that if Richard Nixon told him it was raining, he'd get up and go look out the window to check.

After listening to "No Agenda" and the "Daily Source Code" this weekend, I am far from optimistic...well...about anything, really.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. "Ron Susskind that the Bush Administration allegedly engaged in outright forgery in the run up to war"

    I read somewhere that the incident took place after the war started, not as part of the run-up.

    Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right.

    The forgery is supposed to have occured during the war, but backdated to seem as if it was written before. My bad.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.