Tuesday, April 14, 2009
OK, OK. You got me. Mea Culpa.
The irrepressible Katie (dontcallmekathleen.blogspot.com) has gently nudged me (which, in New Jersey, means "sent armed men to encourage me") to gracefully accept this Blog Award, which, since it has the word "Scrap" in it, is masculine enough for me to accept.
But, as Katie so gently encouraged me to do, and without further ado, is Ten More Things About Me, at 1015AM on a Tuesday.
1. I cry at movies way more than I am ready to admit.
2. I'm not going to tag anybody. Not because I don't care-well, partially because I don't care, but partially because I don't want to leave anyone out, and partially because I don't think I have 10 friends, bloggy or otherwise.
3. There's a WalMart commercial where they play the song "How Lovely To Be A Woman" from "Bye Bye Birdie" while trying to convince you to buy your makeup there. Isn't there, at any given time, roughly 30% or so of women who aren't all that jazzed about being a woman, biologically speaking?
4. I'll watch a James Bond movie, any time, any where. Even the silly ones. "License to Kill" was on last night, and my wife noticed something I had never seen before. Timothy Dalton is meeting with the corrupt banker, and his love interest/co conspirator walks into the room with her hair cut differently and in a very fetching suit. Now, Sean Connery might give you the one eyebrow lift, and Roger Moore might smile endearingly. But Timmy? Timothy Dalton gives you the full, eyes bugged out stare, as if she were completely naked, carrying a bucket of frogs with her hair on fire. Terrible overacting.
5. I secretly believe I was born to do something other than what I'm doing. Well, maybe not so secretly. But still.
6. I'm not a dog person. Judge me if you must, I'm just not.
7. I can sleep through just about anything.
8. Children being sick make me crazy. I know it's natural, can't be helped, blah blah blah. I still hate it. If I could trade feeling lousy every single day in exchange for the children in my life feeling great, I'd do it.
9. Funny story-my wife couldn't figure out how nasal irrigation was supposed to work until she saw me do it.
10. It's raining, which I like, but it's cold, which I don't. You can't have everything.