Monday, January 25, 2010

A Cowboy Looks At Thirty

Yet another 100 Words, inspired by the wondrous prose stylings of Velvet Verbosity, on display aqui.

What is Thirty?

Thirty is when “I'm gonna be” becomes “I used to think I was gonna be”.

when “ACTIVE-Will Play” becomes “DOUBTFUL-Hamstring”.

when “I'll meet you there” becomes “I have to be up early tomorrow”.

when “Why not?” becomes “Do you think it's worth the effort?”

when “Yes, we can” becomes “Do you really think that's wise?”

when “I saw them play downtown” becomes “I've never heard of that band.”

when “I will do what I want” becomes “I'll do what is best for them.”

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about your post. (It really spoke to me.) And another one occurred to me, just as sad. 30 is also when "I do" often becomes "I don't anymore."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thirty- well said. A little wisdom joins some experience to partner with unbridled energy. The result? Possibilities are endless.

    I have far less fear, fewer insecurities, greater strength and endurance... can't WAIT to see what my forties are like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "because I can" became "because I said so!"
    so very entertaining! my husband will get such a kick out it!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.