Sunday, October 16, 2011

100 Word Challenge: 2:35AM

The Velvet Verbosity 100 Word Challenge is willing to hit the ball to the right side to move the runner over. This week's word is "Satisfied", and though my faulty brain came up with it too late to make the list, here's my entry, "2:35 AM". It is based on one of the many Steve Jobs stories making the rounds these days.








I clawed my way out of deep sleep. I looked at my phone with one eye. Calls at 2:35 AM aren't good news. I stabbed at the answer button.

"Yeah?," I said. Manners end at around 11 PM.

"It's John," the voice said. My never satisfied, omnipresent boss. He sounded wired.

"What's up, chief?"

"I had an idea. There are three screws under the battery on the prototype."

There were. He was never wrong. "Yeah, there are. Why?"

"Let's make it two."

"But John, nobody takes the battery out. Nobody will know!"

"I'll know."

2 comments:

  1. That's what the off-ringer button is for. Unfortunately there were a lot of bosses that obsessive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he didn't call you at 2:30 THIS morning to wish you a happy birthday. That would have been just creepy.

    Also, Happy Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.