Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lily Childs Feardom 100 Word Challenge: "Heading Home"

Lily Childs' Feardom is sponsoring another Flash Fiction O Rama, 100 Words using the words "ballet", "organ", and "follow". My entry is called "Heading Out"





I liked to follow her, watching the delicate grace with which she took each step, her hemline swaying softly. I had watched the tears spring out on her bright cheeks as the Phantom played the organ, accusing the ballet dancer/songstress Christine of betrayal. We were heading into the subway, bound for home. I couldn't have felt happier.

"You think that's us? I would never do that!," she whispered, leaning against me as the train left the station.

"And I'll never leave you," I whispered back, meaning every word of it.

She was right. I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.