Monday, February 13, 2012

100 Word Song: "I'm Leaving"

Funk Soul Brother Number One Lance, whose blog can beat up my blog, continues the new tradition of 100 Word Challenges centered around a song, this week Bob Mould's "See A Little Light". My story is called "I'm Leaving."






Abby for the first time understood what it felt like to want to kill someone. "30 years, Roger?," she said, her voice low, acidic, and eerily calm. She was far beyond tears at this point.

"You spend 30 years with me, you have kids with me, you spend your whole adult life in this house with me, and now you tell me you were miserable the whole time? If you wanted to leave so bad, why the hell didn't you tell me?"

"I did tell you, Abs," he said softly, putting on his jacket. "You just weren't listening."

7 comments:

  1. ouch

    damn

    This hit hard. Amazing delivery and interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - a 30 year miscommunication.
    eden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I know people who have been through this. Seems like maybe he could've said it a little louder or something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! (but only because Tara stole my "Oh, snap" and I don't feel nearly ballsy enough to go with "word")

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.