Monday, March 05, 2012

100 Word Song- Homeless

My main man Lance, along with his metallic pal Leeroy, continue on the musical literary affair of the heart called the 100 Word Song Challenge, this week concerning Richard Thompson's "Dimming of the Day". Lance posted a link to Bonnie Raitt's version, but while I have nothing against the multihued songstress, I like the version from Pink Floyd's Roger Gilmour, which you can hear here.







"It's time to go, ma'am."

I looked up at him. He looked serious and hard in his police uniform. He clanked whenever he moved. There was a pile of mail on the dining room table. It had gotten so hopeless I stopped opening it, the red words saying "FINAL NOTICE" notwithstanding. Richard was already at his brother's place with the kids, but there just wasn't room for me there. I missed him terribly. It was always his department to handle financial stuff.

I stood up, picking up the trash bag with my earthly possessions.

"Fixed rate, my ass," I thought.



3 comments:

  1. JESUS THIS IS STRESSFUL! wah. wah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy. To be homeless without your family, with no room for you in the mix would be agonizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. Incredibly hard. It is stressful. been there.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.