Saturday, June 30, 2012

Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge: "Come in, please."

Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge is as cool as the other side of the pillow, which makes it the only thing east of the Mississippi that qualifies as "cool." This week's word is "swagger", and this story is called "Come in, please."


















If it was possible to sit with a swagger, that's what he did. He came into my office, smiling with white teeth, his suit cut perfectly over a muscular body, a subtle hint of cologne in the air. He had dreamy eyes, a Roman nose, and an expensive haircut. I sat up a little straighter, arching my back slightly. I wasn't going to hire him. He had few of the qualities we needed, and he looked like someone who got by on charm more than skill. But now I have his phone number, I thought with a shiver.

4 comments:

  1. Well played, and a fun turn on the stereotypic interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but now I have his phone number . . . . ooooooh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he gets by on charm more than skill I'm not so sure I'd call him either. :P

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.