Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What h-h-h-h-h-h-h-happened was.......

Well, it's been an interesting couple of days.

While working on Sunday, June 8, I started to feel increasingly crappy. I limped through the rest of my shift, towards the end literally, and drove home with the windows rolled up, shivering. (Mind you, it was 95+ in my neck of the woods, my car is black, and it had sat in the sun all day.)

My fever was so severe I was still freezing. I took my daily medications, then went to bed, coughing and resting uneasily.

I awoke at around 10pm, my right leg (which has already put me in the hospital once before) throbbing. The symptoms of cellulitis were abundantly clear to me, and my wife rushed me to the Emergency Room.

In the Emergency Room, my blood pressure plunged, and I was put into Intensive Care. I never lost consciousness except for occasional naps.(I still haven't had a full night's sleep since Saturday night.)

I was in Intensive Care until today, when I was discharged home. I could have been moved earlier, but there was no room in the hospital-the heat wave having filled the joint.

All that being said, I am chastened, but ok. Resting comfortably.



While I was gone, the Red Sox beat Erik Bedard at home on Sunday, and the Celtics beat the Lakers again, taking a 2-0 lead in games.

On Monday, both teams were off, and then on Tuesday, Boston got beat up by Baltimore, 10-6, as Hideki Okajima got roughed up again. In Los Angeles, the Boston Celtics lost a close, strange contest, leaving the NBA Finals at 2-1.

The Red Sox play Baltimore tonight, Game #68 of the 2008 season, and Game Four of the NBA Finals is Thursday.

2 comments:

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.