Wednesday, July 23, 2008

How sweep it is (Game 103)

3 runs in the 12th help the Red Sox finish a Getaway Day fueled sweep of the Ancient Mariners, who winneth one in three. At least, when they're not playing us. Tiny Dancer (Pap) gets the win, while 'Ol Sleepyhead gets a save. And Cowboy Clay didn't get racked, for once, and the New Boss, Bat Masterson, goes 2 2/3 of beauteous relief. Yeah, it's the M's, but it counts the same.

Next up, we have the Evil Empire at home, followed into town by those pesky Angles and the Fire Sale Athletics. It is so ON.

2 comments:

  1. Because the Tribe decided to call it a season in mid-May I have turned all of my sports energy toward my Steelers since training camp starts on Sunday for them.

    Hopefully the Sox sweep the Yank-mes of the weekend. They are hated here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more the merrier.

    I have great respect for the Indians, though-Shapiro is a sharp cookie. You'll be back, and sooner rather than later.

    And, as Larry Bird once said about Antoine Walker, if you don't want Grady Sizemore, we'll take him.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.