Friday, July 25, 2008

Yankees fatten up

According to ESPN, the Yankees have traded P Ross Ohlendorf, OF Jose Tabata and others to the Pittsburgh Pirates for P Damaso Marte and OF Xavier Nady. This certainly signals that the Yankees are going for the playoffs, since Tabata was one of their best minor leaguers. This doesn't exactly frighten me, since they are getting players who I think will soon prove they are, in fact, Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte. But it does trouble me, and I hope we have a move in the offing.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw it on SportsCenter a minute ago. They still have no real starting pitching...that staff is pieced together. I am actually rooting for the Rays to win the east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told, it wouldn't break my heart completely if they did. My sympathies should be clear, but, barring my own boys getting in, Tampa is a fun bunch, with tons and tons of skilled, fast players. I think they will make a big impression on the country if they get to make a good, long postseason run.

    Good on yer, as the Aussies might say.

    Joba was awesome last night. The pitches I saw on Sportscenter and baseball tonight were just EVIL. The one he threw to strike out Youkilis looked like it hit something in midflight-it was headed for the backstop, then makes this hellacious break and cuts across the inside corner. Brutal.

    Sometimes you just gotta tip your cap.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.