Friday, July 18, 2008

Love Is Blindness

The Red Sox return to action tonight, out on the Left Coast against those California Angles.

Although the Red Sox less took the lead than had it handed to them, they begin the second half (well, more like the second 7/16 or something) in first place, which, given their various struggles, is at least a moral victory.

The Devil Rays have won already, so the pressure's already on Boston to win tonight. They're pitching Wakefield, who has been red hot, but, of course, can either get beaten like a rented mule or be unhittable.

It's the final day of my vacation tomorrow, and I'm far from happy about that. Its my own fault, but like a lot of my vacations, it feels incredibly poorly spent. I never spend my time doing what I want.

It can't be a good thing that my stomach has been tormenting me all day long, and, as far as I can tell, it's anticipatory anxiety for the day after tomorrow.

Sigh.

Although today was pretty fun-Staples to send my father's birthday present, and then Barnes and Noble. I got Ethan Canin's new novel, which had been compared to "All The King's Men", a novel I loved, and the late Jules Tygiel's "Baseball's Great Experiment", which I was stunned to realize I hadn't read yet, and Football Prospectus 2008, and the Atlantic's fiction issue. I got to spend about an hour with Simon, which is pretty cool.

TTBOOK (ttbook.org) had another great program about "Remix Culture", which led me to a site called "cassettefrommyex.com", which tells mixtape stories.

Greg Norman is in contention at the British Open? What is this, 1988?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.