Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Game 131-The Battle of Evermore

In the Boogie Down, New Jack City, Gotham, the Center of the Universe, the Boston Red Sox chased Andy Pettite and stormed to a 7-3 win. Tim Wakefield, fresh off of the DL, pitched 5 shaky innings, allowing 8 hits but only allowing 3 runs, while the bullpen picks him up, throwing four innings of two hit, no run ball.

Every starter had a hit except DP, and the team got RBIs from Ellsbury, Youkilis, Bay, Crisp, and recent Pawtucket callup Jeff Bailey. (Apparently Sean Casey, along with Mike Lowell, is laid up with injuries.)

3 comments:

  1. I see they are gaining ground on first...the Rays might be feeling it a bit. Please put the Yankees away for good.

    I cannot say last place when I refer to the Tribe, they have wrested third place from the overpriced Tigers...9 in a row, who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed-next year, I expect some trouble from your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the game seems to be an interesting one as Boston Red Sox won over Andy Pettite.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.