Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Game Thirty Nine: TIMMEH!

It occurred to me recently that I worked Mother’s Day, and I will work Memorial Day, Father’s Day, and Independence Day. That blows chunks.
***
I forgot to mention that I read David Plotz’ “Good Book”. I enjoyed it, but like the Bible, it gets a bit tedious now and then. Plotz, who calls himself an agnostic Jew, read every word of the Old Testament, and tries to pithily summarize and comment on each section. It’s very readable, except, as I said, in a few sections where you, like he, kind of lose interest a little. I would recommend it for all but Biblical literalists, who may find it blasphemous. Then again, if you’re a Biblical literalist, I’m not sure why you’re reading this.
***
In Boston tonight, Tim Wakefield tossed 8 innings of 5 hit baseball, allowing only a solo homer to old friend Kevin Millar, while RBIs from George Kottaras and Jeff Bailey pushed Boston to a fine, crisp 2-1 win.

1 comment:

  1. Cool beans Boston!

    Thanks for the book tip. I would likely enjoy this one.

    You have my sincere sympathy about your loss of holiday off time. That does suck giant ones! I used to have that trouble when I was in retail... a nasty business, that.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.