Monday, May 18, 2009

No Game? No Game? Not even a hairy rosanna?

No Game Today, due to schedule. The Red Sox are off, traveling from their Lost Weekend in Seattle back home to face the mighty Jays. A few little bits of fluff and nonsense.

***

(h/t TWIT, This Week In Tech(www.twit.tv) ) www25.wolframalpha.com is a "computational knowledge engine". Whatever that means. You put in, well, anything, and it tries to relate what you put in to other information. For example, you put in a date and it tells you how long it has been since that day, in years, weeks, months, and days, and what the phase of the moon was, and who had their birthday on that day, etc, etc. It's a fun toy.

***

The Baseball Chronicle (www.thebaseballchronicle.com) has posted another essay by 'lil 'ol me.

***

Retweet: @happysquared Asking a horde of anchovies to show a little decency and form a neat, single file line probably won't work. But it's the polite thing to do.

***

My pal DMarks did this once, so I, being a copycat by nature, and obviously, in need of content today, I decided I would do it too. I installed Statcounter, and thus I can peek and see how people find their way to my little corner of the Bloggiverse.

Here are the interesting/intriguing search terms that brought people here.

"Tom Lehrer"-that's fair. I did post about him once. On his birthday, I think.
"Hints and Allegations"-that makes sense-it's in the bleeding title, you know.
"Alistair+Dawkins"-this puzzled me, until I drilled down and found that this request linked to a post where I talked about a podcast he was on. I was trying to figure out what Alistair Cooke had to do with Brian Dawkins.
"Jon Lester"-makes sense
"Rocco Baldelli"-ditto
"Obi Wan birthday"-I did post about Alec Guinness on his birthday. I guess that counts. I don't know Obi Wan's birthday, though.
"bloggasm.com"-Again, sensible. I just posted an entry from Simon's site.
"Free Speech hints"-A bit of a headscratcher. I am a fan of free speech. I'm not any better at it than anyone else, though. I don't quite see how that leads to my site.
"Dan Carlin"-Logical. I talk about Dan all the time.
"Swine flu New York City"-Questionable. I have written about both, but I don't quite see the link there.
"+234 703 334 7773"-This, of course, is Paul McCartney's cell phone number.

Seriously, I really don't have any idea what that is.

2 comments:

  1. You are an interesting and strange man. I think that's what brought me here...via dmarks, I'm sure. The Red Sox made me stay. Big grins for that.

    Must go play with the new toy.

    Oh... congratulations on the essay!
    (But no surprise there... I like the way you write, so should others.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you are a magnet for Hairy Rosanna earches.

    Yes, Ananda. I recommended this blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.